Proofreading and Editing Career Opportunities
ProofreadingPal proofreads and edits all types of documents. Click here to see a drop-down menu of what a ProofreadingPal professional can expect to see from our clientele
At ProofreadingPal, we use a two-proofreader model so that every document is proofread and edited by two of our professional proofreaders. We proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and verb tense. We edit for sentence structure, clarity, and style. We also make comments, suggestions, and requests for clarification on every page. Our editors typically earn between $500 to $3,000 per month.
ProofreadingPal is currently seeking qualified applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
1. Are currently employed by or enrolled as a graduate or postgraduate student in an accredited United States university and have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
2. Have a graduate degree with a minimum of five years of professional proofreading and editing experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Excellent Google search skills
- Experience proofreading and editing academic papers in various fields of study
- Experience with several popular writing styles, such as APA, MLA, CMS, AP, and CSE.
- Required software:
- Microsoft Word 2007 (or higher)
- Adobe Standard or Foxit Standard (or higher)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (or higher)
If your qualifications meet the above requirements, please take some time to answer our short independent contractor questionnaire below. You should hear from a ProofreadingPal representative within 5–10 business days regarding the next step of our hiring process, which includes our comprehensive, timed examination.
Please fill in the following field(s) before you proceed to the next step:
Proofreader Application Form
“Thanks for the great job your team has done. I am very pleased.”More testimonials
Live Customer Support Hours 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (CST)
Submit Documents 24/7
Contact Us 888-833-8385